12 May , 2023 | Friday of the Fifth Week of Easter

 Gospel Jn 15:12-17



Jesus said to his disciples:

"This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.

No one has greater love than this,

to lay down one's life for one's friends.

You are my friends if you do what I command you.

I no longer call you slaves,

because a slave does not know what his master is doing.

I have called you friends,

because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father.

It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you

and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain,

so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.

This I command you: love one another."


Reflections :

 By raising his relationship with his disciples to the level of Friendship Jesus desires that his disciples have the same experience of love as he had with his Abba. The driving force for Jesus’ ministry was the presence of his Abba that was revealed  strongly at his Baptism. This personal experience with his father enabled him to go through the pain, humiliation, rejection and even death itself. Those who have lived and experienced His companionship  are enabled to make a decisive sacrifice in their service to God and Humanity.

Activity: 

How many times have we come forward to be a bridge of reconciliation between different groups and cultures within the church?


 www.paulineindia.org/shop




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

24 March, 2023 | Friday of the Fourth Week of Lent