15 January, 2023 - Second Sunday in Ordinary Time

Gospel: Jn 1:29-34



 John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said,

"Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.

He is the one of whom I said,

'A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me

because he existed before me.'

I did not know him,

but the reason why I came baptizing with water

was that he might be made known to Israel."

John testified further, saying,

"I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from heaven

and remain upon him.

I did not know him,

but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me,

'On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain,

he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.'

Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God.

Reflection: 

 Although John the Baptist faithfully carried out his mission of preparing the way for Jesus the promised Messiah, he did not know everything. He had to wait vigilantly for the Holy Spirit to reveal to him that the humble appearing Son of a Carpenter was indeed the promised “Lamb of God” in order to testify Him to the people. John the Baptist invites us today to stop by, and reflect on our own missionary activities. Are we vigilant to the guidance of the Spirit that prompts us to recognise God’s presence even in the most unlikely situations, events and persons in our ministries? Let us reflect and see if we are we truly capable of testifying Jesus with the credible witness of our life like John and if not, pray for this grace.


Action Plan: 

Acknowledge and pray for all who made a credible impact on your faith journey and relationship with God. They are the true pointers to Christ and pray to be one to someone else.


Read and Reflect: 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

24 March, 2023 | Friday of the Fourth Week of Lent