Memorial of Saint Ambrose, Bishop and Doctor of the Church, 7 December, Second Week of Advent

 Gospel Mt 11: 28-30  



Jesus said to the crowds:

“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,

and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,

for I am meek and humble of heart;

and you will find rest for yourselves.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”


Reflections: 


People in the world delight in heroes, those who are a success. At the same time there are hundreds of people with brokenness. There are poor who have shattered dreams etc. In today's Word, Jesus sends out a loving invitation to all. He understands the weariness of our labour, the weakness of our body and spirit. He says   "My yoke is easy and burden light." Jesus has also the yoke of love, gentleness and mercy.  What are the burdens that I carry? How often do I  go in to the presence of the Lord to find my rest in him?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

24 March, 2023 | Friday of the Fourth Week of Lent