2 November ,The Commemoration of All the Faithful Departed (All Souls)
Gospel Jn 6: 37-40
Jesus said to the crowds:
“Everything that the Father gives me will come to me,and I will not reject anyone who comes to me,
because I came down from heaven not to do my own will
but the will of the one who sent me.
And this is the will of the one who sent me,
that I should not lose anything of what he gave me,
but that I should raise it on the last day.
For this is the will of my Father,
that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him
may have eternal life,
and I shall raise him on the last day.”
Reflection:
On this day dedicated to the Faithful Departed, we renew the hope that we will meet our dear ones gone before us. The Gospel of today assures us this, as Jesus says that God will raise us on the last day. Accordingly we live lives worthy of our raising, for Jesus does not want to lose any of us, to the evil one. As we pray for the souls in purgatory, we pray for those who do not believe in purgatory and those who are sure of going to heaven, even though they are not able to love their neighbour as God invites us to. We pray that we all may be humble in accepting our reality, and be transformed .
Activity:
Visit a cemetery, and reflect on the reality of life and death.

Comments
Post a Comment